Beef and Potato Salad with Avocado and Chipotle Chiles
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flank steak||2 Pound, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch squares|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Serrano chilies||2 (Fresh Ones)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and quartered|
|Mixed dried herbs||1 Teaspoon (Such As Oregano And Thyme)|
|Red potatoes with skin||3⁄4 Pound, quartered (Small Sized)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||12|
|Avocados||12 , sliced|
|Canned chipotle chilies||8 , halved and seeded|
|Mexican queso fresco cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled (1 Cup)|
|Radish roses||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Dressing: In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper together.
2) Cover the jar and shake, until thoroughly blended.
3) Salad : In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to a boil.
4) Add the steak and skim off any surface foam during initial boiling.
5) Add half the onion, serrano chiles, garlic, bay leaves, dried herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Simmer over a medium-low heat for about 1 hour until tender.
7) Allow the steak to cool in the broth.
8) Then drain and shred the steak into long thin strands.
9) Meanbwhile, in a pan, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 1 hour until tender.
10) Cool, peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
11) In a bowl, gently toss the steak, potatoes, remaining onion and about 2/3 of the dressing together.
12) Cover and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
13) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
14) Line a large platter with 8 romaine leaves and shred and scatter 4 leaves in the center.
15) Spoon the beef mixture in the center of the platter.
16) Surround with the avocado slices and chipotle chiles, drizzle with rest of the dressing.
17) Scatter the crumbled cheese on top, garnish with radish roses and serve the Beef and Potato Salad with Avocado and Chipotle Chiles immediately.