Frozen Salads in Orange Shells
|Orange pulp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned fruit cocktail||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (2 Packages Of 3 Ounce Each)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Halve the oranges, scoop out and dice the pulp.
2) In a bowl, combine the orange pulp, fruit cocktail and almonds together.
3) Blend in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and salt; mix lightly.
4) In a bowl, whip the heavy cream and fold into the orange mixture.
5) Spoon the salad in orange shells and freeze until needed.
6) Wrap the shells in airtight in freezer paper if the salads are for later use.
7) Allow the salads to stand at room temperature a few minutes before serving.
8) Garnish the Frozen Salads in Orange Shells with small scoops of orange sherbet and serve.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 142.8 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet