Frozen Fruit Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Maraschino cherry juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Seedless grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In the top of a double boiler, soften the gelatin in cherry juice.
2) Stir the gelatin over boiling water until dissolved.
3) Stir in the fruits, lemon juice and sugar; mix thoroughly.
4) Refrigerate until the mixture is syrupy.
5) In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until light and fluffy.
6) Stir in the mayonnaise or salad dressing.
7) Fold into the fruit mixture with a wooden spoon.
8) Spoon the salad into eight molds ( use 1/2 pt waxed freezer cartons with snap-on lids) .
9) Unmold the salads over a bed of lettuce leaves 2 hours before the serving time.
10) Refrigerate and serve the Frozen Fruit Salad chilled.