Apple Grapefruit Salad
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Lime gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Diced apples||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Unpeeled)|
|Coarsely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned grapefruit sections||20 Ounce, well drained (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 4 Ounce)|
1) Soak and dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 1/2 cup water and cool it.
2) Take a 2 quart mold and pour about ½ cup into it and allow it set.
3) Chill the remaining gelatin until syrupy
4) Now, core the apple and narrow wedges. Place it on the gelatin at the bottom of the mold with skin side down.
5) Put the remaining lemon gelatin on the mold and set until firm.
6) Now, dissolve the remaining lemon gelatin in 2 cup water and cool until syrupy.
7) Mix diced apples, nuts and grapefruit into it and then put a layer of set gelatin. Chill until firm.
8) Take a platter and unmold garnish it with crisp salad green and serve with mayonnaise.