Curried Vegetable Salad
|Red skinned potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (Unpeeled And Diced)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cauliflower||8 Ounce, cut into florets (2 Cups)|
|Green beans||4 Ounce (1 Cup, Cross Cuts)|
|Asparagus spears||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch- thick slices (6 Spears)|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Diced sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For curried dressing|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a 3 quart microwave safe casserole dish put the potatoes and butter and cover with a microwave safe plastic wrap with holes in it.
2. Cook it in the microwave for 8-9 minutes at full power or until the potatoes are tender, shaking it twice, take it out with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
2. To the same bowl add cauliflower and cook n the same way for 2 minutes or until crisp tender, remove and keep with potatoes.
3. In the same dish add the green beans and cook in the same way for 1-2 minutes or untipp crisp tender, remove and keep with potatoes.
4. Now add the asparagus and the peppers to the casserole dish cook similarly for 2-3 minutes or until crisp tender, remove and add to potatoes.
5. For the dressing, mix all the ingredients cover with microwave safe plastic wrap and cook for 1-2 minutes at half power or until warm.
6. Take it out and whisk until it becomes smooth.
7. Pour half of the dressing on the vegetable mixture and mix nicely.
8. Make a bed of lettuce and arrange the vegetables on it , serve the rest of the dressing in a bowl.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg6.6%
Sodium 143.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 130.3%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet