Tangy Tangerine Salad
|Ginger root piece||1 , peeled|
|Wine vinegar||4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen tangerine juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon (Undiluted)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tangerines||2 Large, peeled & sliced crosswise into 6 rounds|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
1) Take a sheet of wax paper and grate gingerroot on it. Squeeze the juice from it and keep aside in 2 cup glass measure. Keep aside about 2 teaspoons of the juice.
2) Take a small bowl and mix together vinegar, oil, tangerine juice concentrate, mustard and 2 teaspoons ginger juice.
3) Gently stir in the yogurt and cover.
4) Place the dressing in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. If a very intense flavor is desired, then refrigerate overnight.
5) For serving, take 4 salad plates and arrange tangerine slices and spinach leaves on them. Stir the dressing and pour it over the salad. Garnish with onion slices.