Salmon Salad With Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomato halves||8|
|Salmon fillets||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon, divided (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Assorted salad greens||8 Cup (128 tbs) (Bite-Size)|
|Chopped mixed herbs||3 Tablespoon (Fresh Such As Basil, Chives, Dill And Chervil)|
1) In a small saucepan, heat wine over a medium heat.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, remove the pan from heat and allow to cool.
3) Drain, slice the tomatoes into slivers and keep aside.
4) Thinly slice the salmon fillets on the bias into 8 equal pieces and keep aside.
5) In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and shallots together.
6) Season with the salt and white pepper to taste.
7) Toss the salad greens and slivered tomatoes with dressing and half the herbs.
8) In a large heavy saute pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over a high heat.
9) Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then saute for a few minutes, just to brown lightly on both sides.
10) Spoon the mixture of salad greens and tomatoes on 8 salad plates and top with the salmon.
11) Sprinkle with rest of the herbs and serve the Salmon Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette immediately.