Hot Potato Salad
|New potatoes||2 Pound, scrubbed (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter/Bacon fat||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Reserved From Potatoes)|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 , crisply fried|
|Chopped parsley||20 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||20 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1) In boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until just tender.
2) Drain them and reserve 1/2 a cup of water.
3) Chop the bacon.
4) In a pan, melt the fat or butter, stir in the flour and salt, and cook for a minute without colouring.
5) Gradually add the water, vinegar, onion and sugar.
6) Keep stirring continuously and let the mixture boil.
7) Add the potatoes and chopped bacon.
8) Cover the pan with a lid and place over a gentle heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
9) In a serving dish, place the salad, garnish with parsley and serve hot.