Two Bean Salad with Dill and Lemon
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces (And/Or Wax Beans)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped dill||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1) Take a saucepan and boil beans in water for about 5 minutes or until tender but crisp. After 5 minutes, quickly place beans under running cold water and drain well.
2) Transfer beans to a medium size bowl.
3) In another small bowl, beat together mustard and lemon juice until nicely blended. Gently beat oil in a thin stream and blend until mixture is well emulsified.
4) Add dill, salt and pepper.
5) Pour this dressing over beans and leave aside for 30 minutes.
6) Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.4 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 0.81 g1.6%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.94%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet