Traditional Potato Salad
|Potatoes||1 1⁄3 Pound (4 Medium Sized)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion/Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely shredded carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet pickle/Sweet pickle relish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pot, bring salted water to boil and cook potatoes, covered, about 25 minutes or till tender.
2) Pour off the water, peel and allow to cool.
3) Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
4) In a bowl, place the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, carrot, and sweet pickle or relish to potatoes.
5) In another bowl place the mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, celery seed, and salt.
6) Stir in the mayonnaise mixture to potatoes.
7) Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.,
8) Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl and garnish with egg slices and paprika