Chopped Vegetable Salad
|For mustard vinaigrette :|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Almond oil/Safflower oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke hearts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced radicchio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh corn kernels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peeled seeded chopped tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced avocado||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Mixed salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn into bite-size pieces|
1) Mustard Vinaigrette : In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar together with a wire whisk.
2) Gradually whisk in the oils.
3) Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
4) Salad: In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
5) Season the artichokes with salt and white pepper.
6) Saute for about 3 minutes until tender-crisp.
7) Transfer the artichokes to a large bowl and keep aside.
8) In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans and carrots until tender-crisp.
9) Then immediately immerse into cold water, drain and add to the artichokes.
10) Then add the radicchio, corn, red onion and celery.
11) Just before serving, add the tomato and avocado.
12) Toss the vegetables with about 2/3 of the vinaigrette and the Parmesan cheese.
13) Taste and adjust the seasonings to taste.
14) Then toss the remaining vinaigrette with the salad greens.
15) Equally place the salad greens on 4 salad plates, top with the vegetables and serve the Chopped Vegetable Salad immediately.