Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad
|Bread||100 Gram, chunked|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken fillets||100 Gram|
|Bacon rashers||50 Gram (fat removed)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lettuce head||200 Gram, washed|
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/Gas mark 6.
2. In a medium bowl, add in the bread chunks and season with olive oil and salt. Toss well and place in a baking tray.
3. Bake in oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
4. Heat olive oil in a griddle pan and place the chicken fillets. Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
5. Place the bacon rashers into the griddle pan along with chicken and cook until done. In between remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
6. In a bowl, add in the garlic and anchovy fillets. Mix well with a spoon.
7. Add in the white wine vinegar and mayonnaise. Mix well.
8. Freshly grate the parmesan into the mayonnaise mixture and stir well.
9. Slice the chicken and bacons and set aside.
10. Make bed of lettuce leaves and top with croutons, chicken, bacon and dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.2 mg9.7%
Sodium 788.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 74.5% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet