Broiled Red Pepper Salad
Fresh lemon juice - 1/4 cup
Garlic - 2 medium cloves (about 1 teaspoon), minced
Iceberg Lettuce - 1 head, separated into leaves
Ripe olives - 1 cup, pitted & sliced
Italian sausage - 1 lb., sauteed
Fresh grated parmesan cheese for seasoning
Pine nuts (optional) for garnish
1) Take a broiler pan and broil peppers about 2 inches from the heat for 25 to 30 minutes. Keep turning them frequently so that they blacken evenly.
2) When cool enough to handle, peel and remove seeds and stem.
3) Cut the peppers into thick strips, reserving the juices.
4) Take a bowl and combine lemon juice and garlic in it. Toss pepper in this.
5) Arrange lettuce, peppers, olive and sausage on a platter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pine nuts.