Salad De Laitue Aux Chapons
Garlic - 1 clove, crushed
Butter - 1 oz/25 g, creamed
Salt and Pepper
Crusty Roll - 1 or French Bread - 4, thin sliced
Vinaigrette Dressing - 4 fl oz/125 ml (made with 2 teaspoons mustard, lemon juice and olive oil)
1. Tear large lettuce leaves into two halves. Wash them thoroughly and pat them dry.
2. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
3. Line a baking dish with foil paper.
4. Add crushed garlic, salt and pepper to creamed butter.
5. Cut roll into 1/2 in/1.5 cm slices and use a butter knife to spread garlic butter over them.
6. If using bread slices, cut in quarters after spreading garlic butter.
7. On a baking sheet, arrange bread croutes with buttered side facing up. Bake for about 15 minutes or until browned.
8. Allow them to cool.
9. In a salad bowl, add lettuce and Vinaigrette dressing and toss well.
10. Add seasoning to taste.
11. Finally, add croutes and toss again.