Roasted Pepper Salad
|Red bell peppers/Green bell peppers||To Taste, halved and seeded|
|Lettuce leaves||4 (For Serving)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced & separated into rings|
|Mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1) On a broiler pan arrange 1 red and 1 green pepper. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning occasionally until skin blackens. Remove from pan.
2) Place in a plastic bag and let stand for 10 minutes to steam.
3) Peel and seed the peppers. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
4) Take a medium bowl and combine onion, mushrooms and pepper pieces.
5) In another small bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss.
6) Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
7) Stiff inside bell pepper halves and serve on lettuce lined plates.
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69.6 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 124.6%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet