Broccoli Sweet Red Pepper Salad
|Sweet peppers||4 Medium, seeded and coarsely chopped|
To prepare broccoli :
1. Wash it, trim off large leaves and tough lower ends of stalks.
2. Peel stalks and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Cut remaining broccoli into flowerets.
4. In a large Dutch oven combine broccoli and water to cover and with cover bring to a boil for 2 minutes until crisp-render.
5. Drain and rinse with cold water.
6. In a large, shallow serving bowl or on a platter arrange broccoli and peppers.
7. Drizzle Cottage Cheese Dressing over top of vegetables and serve.
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 77.9 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 471.2%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet