Jicama Ham Salad
|Romanesco broccoli head/Or regular||1|
|Lean ham||8 Ounce, sliced into matchsticks|
|Jicama||8 Ounce, sliced into matchsticks|
|Extra sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, sliced into matchsticks|
|Bermuda onion||1⁄2 , halved and thinly sliced (Red)|
|Herbed vinaigrette/Any garlic, herb oil-and-vinegar dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), salted|
1) Steam broccoli florets for 3 to 4 minutes till just about tender.
2) In a bowl, add ham, jicama, cheese, and onion and toss gently.
3) In a saucepan, add vinaigrette and heat.
4) Mix in mustard and without allowing to boil, steam it
5) Drizzle dressing over salad, add almonds and toss, and serve.