Picnic Vegetable Salad
|Pinto beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs), seeded, diced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded (1/3 Cup)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a colander, place the pinto beans to rinse under cold tap water for 1 minute.
2) Place the colander aside to drain the beans for another 1 minute.
3) In a large bowl, add beans and next 5 ingredients.
4) Stir well to combine.
5) In a small bowl, add yogurt and mayonnaise to combine.
6) Pour this dressing over vegetables and gently toss the salad to coat with dressing.
7) Place the bowl inside refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
8) Serve the salad in chilled serving plate by sprinkling with cheese and parsley.
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.8 mg4.9%
Sodium 207.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80.1%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 83.8%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet