Vegetarian Chef Salad
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), hot, cooked without salt|
|Fresh broccoli||1 Pound|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Grated carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||4 Ounce, cut into julienne strips|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, cut into cubes|
1) In a large bowl, add first 7 ingredients to combine.
2) In another large bowl, place oven-hot cooked rice.
3) Stir well and place aside to cool.
4) Discard the large leaves from the broccoli.
5) Remove the stalks, and place aside for use.
6) In a vegetable steamer, place the broccoli flowerets and cover.
7) Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes or until tender by placing the steamer over boiling water.
8) In the rice bowl, add broccoli, mushrooms, chopped tomato, grated carrot, and cheeses.
9) Gently toss to combine all ingredients.
10) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
11) Serve the salad on chilled plates, by garnishing with fresh parsley, if desired.