Spaghetti Squash Salad
|Spaghetti squash||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Chopped purple onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie italian salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Thoroughly wash the spaghetti squash under running water.
2) Drain and cut into half along the length.
3) Remove all seeds and discard.
4) In a Dutch oven, place the squash by keeping the cut side down.
5) Pour in 2 inches of water into the pan.
6) Cover with lid and place over heat to bring a boil.
7) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
8) Drain squash and let it cool at room temperature.
9) Use a fork to bring out the spaghetti like strands from the squash, by discarding the shells.
10) Press paper towels on the strands to soak excess moisture.
11) In a large bowl, place the spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cucumber, purple onion, and green pepper.
12) In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and mayonnaise by stirring well.
13) Pour the dressing over the salad.
14) Gently toss to coat the salad evenly with the dressing.
15) Cover the bowl and place inside refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
16) Serve the chilled salad by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.