Cucumber Yogurt Salad
|English cucumber||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||16 Ounce (2, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Lowfat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Curly lettuce leaves||4|
1. Sprinkle cucumbers with coarse salt and let it stand with cover for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse cucumbers several times in cold water, drain well, squeezing our excess moisture with paper towels and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, cumin and 1/2 Teaspoon salt, stirring well.
4. With cover and chill thoroughly.
5. In a large bowl just before serving, combine reserved cucumbers, yogurt mixture and tomatoes and toss gently to mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into a lettuce-lined salad bowl and serve immediately.