Squid and Shrimp Salad
|Squid tubes||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced, grated peel|
|Minced basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced to equal 1 cup (Reserve Juice)|
|Cooked shrimp||4 Ounce|
|Grated asiago cheese/Parmesan||1 Ounce|
1) Wash the squid tubes and pat dry on a paper towel.
2) In a pan, add salt and water and allow to boil.
3) Add squid and cook till opaque and curled.
4) Drain and keep aside the water for later use.
5) In a bowl add oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, basil, and garlic and mix well.
6) Mix in tomatoes and their juice.
7) Cut the squid into 1/2-inch rings.
8) Add squid and shrimp to the dressing and mix well.
9) Top with cheese and serve chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 771.2 mg257.1%
Sodium 650.9 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 68 g135.4%
Vitamin A 70.3% Vitamin C 140.4%
Calcium 42.9% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet