Lemon Mushroom Salad
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 Small, cut into 4 slices|
|Lettuce leaves||4 (As Required)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into 8 slices|
1) In a large shallow container, add the mushrooms.
2) In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients by adding water.
3) Use a wire whisk to stir the liquid mixture.
4) Drizzle the mixture over mushrooms.
5) Toss lightly and place the lemon slices on top.
6) Cover the container and place inside refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours.
7) Occasionally stir the mixture.
8) Drain the mushrooms, by reserving marinade and lemon slices.
9) Line the salad plates with lettuce leaves and serve 1/2 cup mushrooms on top. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon reserved marinade on each salad. Garnish the salad with 2 tomato slices and 1 reserved lemon slice, just before serving.