Salad Nicoise With Tomato
|White tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce (Water Packed)|
|Reduced calorie italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried whole tarragon||2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Small, unpeeled|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn|
|Purple onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut into wedges|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , sliced|
|Ripe olives||4 , pitted, sliced in half lengthwise|
1) In a colander, place the tuna to rinse in cold running water for 1 minute.
2) Drain tuna by placing the colander on side for 1 minute.
3) In a small bowl, add dressing and tarragon to stir in. Place aside.
4) Wash the beans and cut off the ends by removing the strings. Place aside.
5) Thinly slice the onions and separate the rings. Place aside.
6) In a vegetable steamer, place the potatoes.
7) Place the steamer over boiling water in a saucepan.
8) Cover the saucepan and steam for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
9) Allow the potatoes to cool.
10) Slice the potatoes and transfer in a bowl.
11) Add wine and garlic to combine with potatoes by gentle tossing.
12) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
13) In a small amount of boiling water, cook the beans covered for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
14) Drain the beans and transfer in another bowl.
15) Add 1/4 cup reserved dressing mixture and gently toss.
16) Cover the bowl and place inside refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
17) Use 4 serving plates to line with lettuce.
18) Arrange the onion rings on the lettuce.
19) Drain the chilled potatoes by discarding liquid.
20) Arrange the drained potatoes over onion slices.
21) Drain chilled beans, discarding liquid.
22) Place the beans, tomato wedges, reserved tuna, egg, and olives on top of onions.
23) Before serving, pour the remaining reserved dressing mixture evenly over salads.