Quick Sweet Potato Salad
|Sweet potatoes||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and cubed|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 1-quart casserole, place the sweet potatoes and water.
2) Cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes. Stir once after 3 minutes of cooking.
3) Let the preparation stand for about 2 minutes and tehn drain the potatoes well. Set aside.
4) Combine together the vegetable oil, sugar and lemon juice. Pour the mixture all over the reserved potatoes.
5) Transfer the salad to a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198.5 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 1024.5% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet