Pinto Bean Salad
|Canned pinto beans||32 Ounce (2 cans of 16 ounces each)|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped purple onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh cilantro||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a colander, place the beans and wash under cold water for about 1 minute. Set the colander aside and let the beans drain for 1 minute.
2) In a large bowl, combine together the beans, lettuce, celery, onion and pepper and ser aside.
3) In a jar, combine together the oil, cilantro, vinegar and garlic salt, cover lightly and shake vigorously.
4) Over the reserved bean mixture, pour the vinegar and toss gently to coat well.
5) Cover the salad and chill thoroughly.
6) Into a lettuce lined salad bowl, spoon the chilled bean salad and serve right away. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 1055.1 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 28%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet