Summer Vegetable Salad
|Anchovy fillets||3 , mashed|
|Vinaigrette||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter crunch lettuce/Butter head lettuce||1 Small, torn into small pieces|
|New potatoes||1 Pound, well scrubbed, pricked with a fork|
|Whole cherry tomatoes||8 Ounce, trimmed of stems|
|Sugar snap peas/Snow peas||4 Ounce, trimmed|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, thinly sliced into half rounds (Walla Walla or Vidalia)|
|Pepperoni||3 Ounce, thinly sliced|
1. In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water, reduce heat, and simmer for about 8 minutes until tender; drain.
2. To make the dressing: Combine the anchovies and vinaigrette.
3. In a salad bowl, arrange lettuce in a salad bowl and heap potatoes with tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle onions, peas, and pepperoni over all.
5. Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently, and serve at room temperature.
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.1 mg7.4%
Sodium 940.7 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 62.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet