Summer Vegetable Salad
|Anchovy fillets||3 , mashed|
|Vinaigrette||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter crunch lettuce/Butter head lettuce||1 Small, torn into small pieces|
|New potatoes||1 Pound, well scrubbed, pricked with a fork|
|Whole cherry tomatoes||8 Ounce, trimmed of stems|
|Sugar snap peas/Snow peas||4 Ounce, trimmed|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, thinly sliced into half rounds (Walla Walla or Vidalia)|
|Pepperoni||3 Ounce, thinly sliced|
1. In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water, reduce heat, and simmer for about 8 minutes until tender; drain.
2. To make the dressing: Combine the anchovies and vinaigrette.
3. In a salad bowl, arrange lettuce in a salad bowl and heap potatoes with tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle onions, peas, and pepperoni over all.
5. Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently, and serve at room temperature.