Asparagus Yellow Squash Salad
|Asparagus spears||1 Pound, diagonally sliced|
|Yellow squash||1 Pound, sliced|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 2-quart casserole, combine together the water and asparagus.
2) With heavy-duty plastic wrap, cover the casserole and vent.
3) Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
4) Add the squash and microwave again for 4 minutes, till the vegetables are soft. Stir after 2 minutes of cooking.
5) Allow to stand, covered, for about 2 minutes.
6) In a small bowl, combine together the lemon juice and all the remaining ingredients. Stir till well blended.
7) Over the vegetables, pour the lemon juice mixture. Toss lightly to coat.
8) Cover the salad and chill it thoroughly.
9) Transfer the chilled salad to a decorative serving platter and serve as an appetizer. Can also be served as a side dish.