Orange and Honey Steak Salad with Clover Honey Creme Dressing
|For the vinaigrette|
|Orange||2 , peeled (segments removed, and juice squeezed)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Clover honey creme||2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||1 (cut into sized pieces)|
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound (3/4 - 1 inch thick)|
|Baby arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Chop the lettuce into bite sized pieces and set aside, along with the baby arugula. Slice the red onion thinly and place in a bowl.
2. Remove the peel of orange and using a pairing knife remove the segments from the membrane, and add to the bowl with the red onions. Squeeze the remaining juice into a separate bowl to use as the dressing.
3. To the dressing bowl, squeeze in the juice of lemon and add kosher salt. Add olive oil and clover honey creme and whisk until smooth and well combined.
4. Pat your steak dry with a paper towel, and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper on both sides.
5. In a hot skillet, add oil and brown steak on each side, cooking a total of 7-8 minutes. Let the steak rest, lightly tented with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes before slicing thinly, against the grain.
6. Assemble the salad on a platter by adding lettuce, arugula, orange segments, onion slices, and then steak.
7. Sprinkle more salt and pepper on top and serve it.
Calories 749 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.3 mg38.1%
Sodium 805.7 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 260.9% Vitamin C 198.2%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet