Warm Pork and Orange Salad
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean pork loin||1 Pound, boned|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn into large pieces (Red and green)|
1. In a bowl, prepare marinade using 4 tablespoons of oil, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, salt and pepper.
2. With a sharp knife, trim off the pork fat from meat, and then thinly slice pork meat across the grain.
3. Transfer sliced pork to a large bowl. Add half of the marinade and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate the meat at least 1 hour.
4. Drain the marinated meat of the marinade.
5. Heat a non stick skillet, cook pork slices on either sides turning once cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, and place in a clean bowl.
6. In the same skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion, oranges, cook and add to the pork.
7. On a bed of mixed green and red lettuce, arrange cooked pork and oranges.
8. Serve warm.
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.7%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 234.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 59 g118.2%
Vitamin A 121% Vitamin C 186.2%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet