John Leslie'S Crispy Parma Ham And Melon Salad
|Parma ham slices||6|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Watercress, Lamb's Lettuce, Etc. For Garnish)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Chop the melon into quarters and scoop out the seeds. Remove the peel very carefully.
2) Cut each melon quarter lengthwise into 4 quarters and arrange on plates in a fan.
3) Cover the base of the fan with one or two salad leaves and dress with some vinaigrette.
4) Cut the Parma ham neatly into strips.
5) In olive oil, gently fry the ham for about 3 minutes till the edges curl.
6) Arrange the fried ham over the arrangement in the plates and serve as an appetizer.