Zucchini Tomato Pasta Salad
|Plum tomatoes||8 Small|
|Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes||2 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut zucchini in half length-wise and then into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Slice tomatoes into 1/4-inch and chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse thoroughly to cool.
4. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
5. In a mixing bowl, place zucchini, tomato slices, sun-dried tomatoes and add along oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add pasta.
8. Let stand at room temperature for about an hour or cover and chill until ready to serve.
9. Arrange the salad into individual serving plates and divide the pasta equally among each serving.
10. This makes an excellent appetizer.
To cook macaroni properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent macaroni from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.