Macaroni Olive Salad
|Elbow macaroni||7 Ounce (1 3/4 Cups)|
|Thinly sliced green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green olives||20 , halved|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse thoroughly to cool.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. Combine with eggs, onion, celery and olives.
4. Add 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise and toss to coat.
5. Cover and chill.
6. When ready to serve, add enough of the remaining mayonnaise to moisten.
7. Arrange the salad into individual serving plates and divide the pasta equally among each serving.
8. This makes an excellent appetizer.
To cook macaroni properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent macaroni from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.