Roasted Pepper Potato Salad
|Red potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , sliced|
|Sweet yellow pepper||1 , sliced|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse grained mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a steamer basket place the potatoes and set in a large saucepan over about 1 inch of cold water. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. Steam the potatoes for 15 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Place the peppers, garlic in a roasting pan, and add 1 ½ tablespoon oil and toss. Roast peppers for 20 minutes at 25 degrees centigrade and add to steamed potatoes with lettuce and onions.
3. In a bowl, add remaining oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and blend.
4. Dress the steamed potatoes and roasted peppers with the dressing made, add chopped basil.
5. Serve at room temperature or cold.