Macaroni Salad in Red Pepper Shells
|Sweet bell peppers||6 Large, roasted|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Macaroni salad||1 Pound (Delicatessen Brand)|
1. Cut the roasted bell peppers into halves and discard the seeds.
2. Drain off excess juice, if any and refrigerate these shells till required.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine onions, cucumber, mayonnaise and salt and mix well.
4. Add readymade Macaroni salad and mix well so that it gets evenly coated with the dressing.
5. Cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Place the refrigerated pepper shells on a large platter.
7. Place 2 spoonfuls of chilled salad mixture on top of each shell and serve immediately.
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg6.2%
Sodium 335.9 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 52% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet