Super Chef's Salad
|Scallions||4 , trimmed|
|Whole green beans||10 , cooked|
|Mushrooms||4 Medium, sliced and dipped in lemon juice|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (For Dipping The Mushrooms)|
|Carrot||1 Large, pared and cut into julienne strips|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , cut into 6 slices|
|Heart of palm||1 , canned, cut in 4 vertical slices|
|Spinach leaves||8 , shredded|
|Mandarin orange segments||12|
|Swiss cheese slice||2 , cut into julienne strips|
|Boston lettuce leaves||2 , shredded|
|Thin boiled ham slices||2 , cut into julienne strips|
|Black olive||1 , sliced|
|Egg||1 , boiled and egg white cut with small fancy cutter|
1. Using a knife, make thin slits lengthwise on green portion of scallions and place in ice water for 1/2 hour. These will curl up in a while due to temperature change.
2. On a large round service/ salad platter, arrange all the ingredients uniformly around the sides apart from the lettuce, olives and egg whites.
3. Arrange mound of shredded lettuce in center and top with ham.
4. Refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Just before service, garnish with black olives and boiled egg white and serve with salad dressings of your choice .
Always serve salad dressing as an accompaniment or drizzle on salad and toss just before service. This way the salad remains crunchy and non soggy.