Blender Cucumber Salad
|Cucumber||1 , peeled|
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
1) Into a blender container, slice the cucumber.
2) Cover the container and blend on high speed till the cucumber is pureed.
3) Stop the blender as and when required to push the cucumber down from the sides.
4) Measure the cucumber and then, if required, add water to make 1 cup.
5) In boiling water, dissolve the gelatin and stir in the cucumber.
6) Chill the gelatin mixture till it is partially set, occasionally stirring.
7) Into a 3 1/2 - cup ring mold, pour the mixture.
8) Chill till it is firm.
9) Combine together the sugar, cottage cheese and lemon juice in a blender container. Blend till the mixture is creamy.
10) Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, till the dressing is of the preferred consistency.
11) Onto a lettuce lined platter, unmold the salad from the ring mold.
12) Serve the salad after tossing it with the cottage cheese dressing and then serve. Makes a good appetizer as well as side dish.