Moulded Potato Salad
|Potatoes||3 Pound, cooked and diced (8 medium sized ones, about 1/2 inch)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Bottled herb garlic salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pickle juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed, pared|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned pimientos||4 Ounce, drained and diced (1 can)|
|Sweet gherkins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
1) In a large bowl mix warm potato and onion with salad dressing. Toss to combine.
2) Let stand 1 hour.
3) In a saucepan add 1 1/2 cups water and sprinkle gelatine over it. Let it soften
4) Keep over low heat and stir to dissolve. Take off from heat.
5) In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, pickle juice, lemon juice and salt. Combine well.
6) Fold in gelatine to it.
7) Keep in a bowl of ice for 25 to 30 minutes minutes and stir occasionally.
8) Add cucumber, green pepper, pimientos and sweet gherkins to the potato.
9) Toss lightly.
10) Mix into chilled gelatine mixture.
11) Spoon into 2 1/2-quart bowl.
12) Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
13) With a small spatula loosen the edges of the mold.
14) Invert over serving platter.
15) Keep a hot, damp dishcloth over mold and shake gently to release. Lift off the mold.
16) Decorate with whites from hard-cooked eggs, radishes and sieved egg yolks.