Tomato Cucumber And Pineapple Salad
|Cucumbers||3 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives/Scallion greens||3 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Mint sprigs||3 (for garnish)|
1) In a colander, place the cucumbers and season with 1 tablespoon salt.
2) Toss well and place the colander over a bowl to drain for about 30 minutes.
3) Rinse the cucumber, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4) Quarter the pineapple along the length, through the leafy part. Trim off the core and discard. Cut out the pineapple, by leaving 1/2 inch in the shells; set the shells aside.
5) Slice the pineapple into 1/2-inch cubes, over a bowl to collect 3 tablespoons juice.
6) In a large bowl, place cucumbers, pineapple cubes and tomatoes.
7) In a small bowl, add mint and combine with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the sugar.
8) Gradually whisk in vinegar, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice.
9) Add oil to whisk and stir in chives.
10) Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
11) In 4 reserved pineapple shells, mound the salad and garnish with the mint sprigs. Serve chilled.