Walnut Cabbage Salad
|Red cabbage head||1⁄2|
|Walnut oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnut halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Shred the cabbage and sprinkle with the oil and lemon juice.
2) Leave the shredded cabbage to macerate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3) Peel the oranges and separate into sections.
4) Peel the apple, core and chop it.
5) Peel the banana and thickly slice it.
6) In a bowl, combine fruits with cabbage along with walnuts and raisins.
7) Toss together well.
8) Serve the walnut cabbage salad with chicken and meat dishes.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 86.7 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 37.1 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 75.2% Vitamin C 386.5%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet