Avocado And Pine Nut Salad
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh mint leaves||4|
|Plain yoghurt||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
2) Peel its skin and discard.
3) Cut the flesh into dice put into a bowl.
4) Sprinkle lemon juice over avocado flesh and toss lightly till the dices arecoated.
5) Thinly slice the gherkins combine with avocado along pine nuts.
6) In a small bowl, peel the garlic and crush it.
7) Wash the mint leaves and finely shred them.
8) Sprinkle the pine nuts, avocado and gherkins with oil, season the well and toss.
9) Add mint to the garlic with the yogurt and mix well.
10) Pour the yoghurt sauce over the avocado and toss lightly.
11) Chill for 1 hour.
12) In two individual serving dishes, divide the salad equally and serve immediately with crusty rolls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.2%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 901.9 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 80.7%
Calcium 8% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet