Salad Of Mixed Greens And Herbs With Oranges
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Honey mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Lettuce leaves||12 Cup (192 tbs), mixed (Baby)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs) (loosely packed)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (loosely packed)|
|Chives||1 Ounce, cut into 2-inch lengths (1 bunch)|
1) With a sharp knife, peel off the skin of the oranges. Carefully remove all the bitter white pith.
2) Working over a bowl, separate the sections, by cutting in between the membranes.
3) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard and vinegars to whisk in. Gradually pour in olive oil and continue whisking until blended.
4) Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a large salad bowl, add lettuce, parsley, mint and chives to combine.
6) Drizzle in 3 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing over the salad and toss well.
7) Add the orange segments and toss lightly.
8) Serve the salad by drizzling more dressing, if desired.