Chicken Pecan Salad In Shimmering Cranberry Ring
|Lemon flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (2 packages of 3 ounces each)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Peaches||3 , peeled and slices|
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), cubed|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and broken|
1) In 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of water, dissolve the gelatin. Heat the mixture to boiling point.
2) Add 1 cup of cold orange juice and stir well.
3) Chill till the mixture is partially set.
4) Add the whole cranberry sauce and stir well.
5) Into 6 1/2-cup ring mold, pour the mixture (Cranberry Ring).
6) Keep a few peach slices aside for garnish and cut up the remaining slices.
7) Combine together the cut up peaches, celery and chicken in a large bowl. Blend togehter the salad oil, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt.
8) Toss the mxiture with the chicken mxiture.
9) Chill the preparation.
10) Fold the nuts into the chilled chicken salad and serve the salad in the center of the Cranberry Ring. Garnish with the reserved peaches. Makes a good appetizer.
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.4 mg22.8%
Sodium 571.6 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 39.1 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet