Bacon And Potato Salad
|Waxy potatoes||2 Pound (medium sized ones)|
|Bacon slices||1⁄2 Pound|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Scrub lightly the potatoes.
2) Cover them with cold salted water and boil.
3) Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes till tender.
4) Meanwhile, cut the bacon into dices.
5) Peel the onion and roughly chop it.
6) In a frying pan, fry the bacon dices over a moderate heat till crisp and brown.
7) With a slotted spoon, lift out the bacon from the pan and put into a warmed serving dish.
8) With foil, cover the dish to keep hot.
9) Drain the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
10) Add potatoes to the bacon and cover again.
11) Add onion to the bacon fat in the pan and fry over a moderate heat till golden.
12) Add the vinegar, water, salt, pepper and mustard and boil everything
13) Pour the liquid over the potatoes and bacon, turning them carefully to coat fully in the liquid.
14) Sprinkle the salad with chives and serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.