Shrimp And Endive Salad
|Belgian endive heads||2 Small|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Green chili pepper||To Taste (Use Fresh)|
|Shelled shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Remove any wilted outer endive leaves.
2) Cut off the endive bases and scoop out the cores.
3) Cut them across into 1/2 inch thick slices.
4) Blanch, peel and quarter the tomatoes.
5) Seed the chili and thinly slice it.
6) Peel and crush the garlic.
7) Into a bowl, put the endive add 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and toss.
8) Into a salad bowl, put sliced chilli with the tomatoes, shrimp, vinegar and seasoning.
9) Add the endive and toss together lightly.
10) in a bowl, beat yogurt and cheese until smooth.
11) Add the garlic, mustard, oil and remaining lemon juice.
12) Season to taste and pour over the salad.
13) Chill for 15 minutes.
14) Just before serving, toss salad lightly till ingredients are evenly coated.
15) Serve the shrimp and endive salad with fried rice.