Cabbage Salad With Garlic
|Finely shredded green cabbage||3⁄4 Pound (About 4 1/2 Cup)|
|Finely shredded red cabbage||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (About 4 1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crushed through a press|
|Canned flat anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Small Sized, For Garnish)|
1) In 2 separate bowls, place the green and red cabbage. Place the bowls aside.
2) With a sharp heavy knife, chop and mash the crushed garlic and anchovy fillets over the working surface, to make a puree.
3) In a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, pepper and salt to combine. Stir in the garlic-anchovy puree.
4) In both the bowls of cabbage, distribute the sauce evenly and thoroughly toss to combine.
5) In a pretty glass or crystal bowl, place the red cabbage. Mound the green cabbage at the center, by making a well in the red cabbage.
6) Garnish with parsley and serve.
Do not make this sauce in a food processor, because it will become too thick.