Warm Broccoli Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
|Broccoli||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Dash|
|Safflower oil/Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) With a small sharp knife, separate the broccoli florets into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Discard the tough stems and peel the remaining stalks. Make 1/4-inch-thick slices along the width. Place aside.
2) in a small bowl, add lemon juice, mustard, salt, white pepper and hot sauce to whisk. Pour in the safflower oil and olive oil in a thin stream and continue whisking until blended.
3) In a steamer, place the broccoli to steam for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.
4) In a medium bowl, place the warm broccoli.
5) Drizzle in vinaigrette to toss well.
6) Sprinkle onion and pine nuts on top and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 760.9 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 162%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet