Warm Broccoli Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
|Broccoli||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Dash|
|Safflower oil/Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) With a small sharp knife, separate the broccoli florets into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Discard the tough stems and peel the remaining stalks. Make 1/4-inch-thick slices along the width. Place aside.
2) in a small bowl, add lemon juice, mustard, salt, white pepper and hot sauce to whisk. Pour in the safflower oil and olive oil in a thin stream and continue whisking until blended.
3) In a steamer, place the broccoli to steam for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.
4) In a medium bowl, place the warm broccoli.
5) Drizzle in vinaigrette to toss well.
6) Sprinkle onion and pine nuts on top and toss to combine. Serve warm.