Vegetable Salad Ala Grecoue
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||750 Milliliter (1 Bottle)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Extracted From About 6 Lemons)|
|Bay leaves||3 (Imported Variety)|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, stems trimmed, quartered if large|
|Zucchini||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 3-by-1/2- inch sticks|
|Thin green beans||3⁄4 Pound, cut in half|
|Belgian endives||3⁄4 Pound, halved lengthwise (Use Small Sized)|
|Cauliflower florets||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, add olive oil to heat up.
2) SautÃ© the onions to cook over moderately high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
3) Pour in wine, lemon juice and add bay leaves, thyme, mustard seeds, salt, pepper and 5 cups of water.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, by reducing the heat to moderately low.
5) Add the vegetables one by one to the broth and return the liquid to a boil.
6) Cook covered, about 15 minutes for the mushrooms and cook uncovered, 1 1/2 minutes for the zucchini, 4 minutes for the beans, 6 minutes for the endives and 4 minutes for the cauliflower.
7) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables to individual bowls as soon as they are cooked.
8) Make bite-size pieces from the endive.
9) In a large platter, place the vegetables in groups. Place inside refrigerator.
10) Sprinkle the vegetables with the parsley before serving.