Baby Carrot and Turnip Salad
|Baby turnips||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baby carrots||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Grainy mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar and oil to combine. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Place aside.
2) In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, place the turnips and carrots.
3) Season the vegetable with salt and sugar. Pour in enough cold water to cover.
4) Place over heat to bring a boil.
5) Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain well.
6) In a salad bowl, add the warm vegetables and toss by adding the dressing. Let cool and place inside refrigerator.
7) Sprinkle the salad with chives and toss well, to serve.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 501.4 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 317.1% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet