Baby Carrot and Turnip Salad
|Baby turnips||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baby carrots||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Grainy mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl, add mustard, vinegar and oil to combine. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Place aside.
2) In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, place the turnips and carrots.
3) Season the vegetable with salt and sugar. Pour in enough cold water to cover.
4) Place over heat to bring a boil.
5) Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain well.
6) In a salad bowl, add the warm vegetables and toss by adding the dressing. Let cool and place inside refrigerator.
7) Sprinkle the salad with chives and toss well, to serve.