Layered Pasta Salad
|Elbow macaroni||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Slivered cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||6 , sliced|
|Frozen cooked peas/Uncooked||10 Ounce|
|Grated gouda cheese/Edam cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||8 , grated|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated medium cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||6 , cooked and crumbled|
1) In Dutch oven boil water. Add macaroni, cooking oil and salt. Cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes until just tender.
2) Drain out from the liquid.
3) Rinse under cold water and drain again.
4) Transfer the macaroni back to the pot.
5) Stir in olive oil and toss well.
6) Cut or break lettuce into bite size pieces.
7) In a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan arrange the lettuce.
8) Use a large salad bowl to make the layers to ensure getting some of every layer in each serving. Toss the salad just before serving if using a large bowl.
9) Make layers of macaroni, ham, eggs, peas, Edam cheese and onion on the lettuce.
10) Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar.
11) Spread it over the top and seal the edge.
12) Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over it followed by bacon.
13) Seal with a plastic wrap.
14) Chill for a day before serving.
15) Serve chilled.